According to a study by AIIM, document scanning technologies continue to play a critical role in speeding up work processes:
- Improved searchability and sharability of business documents is the biggest driver for scanning and capture.
- 38% of survey respondents showed ROI from digital mailrooms within 12 months, and 60% within 18 months.
- Respondents list faster turnaround to customers and more efficient data capture as the main benefits.
- Agria, the largest pet insurer in the world, is scanning claims forms and supporting paperwork to improve administrative efficiency in its UK operation. Last year Agria received 75,000 claims and paid out £20 million ($31M) to British customers insuring their cats and dogs. The KODAK i4600 Scanner with Capture Pro Software enables information to be centrally stored and accessed by staff members, making retrieval fast when historical claims data is required.
- Lifetime Care, a home healthcare services provider that serves an average of 3,000 patients per day, is using the i4000 Series Scanner to help increase care providers’ access to patient files, reduce errors and improve the quality of patient care.
- COMPU-DATA International set up a scanning architecture to serve a large government project with a quick turnaround time for millions of documents. The architecture included five scanners from Kodak Alaris, including three i4600 Scanners, which added horsepower and image accuracy rates above 99 percent.
Busy office environments, service bureaus, business process outsourcers (BPOs), and corporate and government mailrooms have long relied on the i4000 Series Scanners for their award-winning combination of superior image quality, speed and reliability. Now Kodak Alaris has added performance enhancements and a new model to its i4000 Scanner family. The refreshed i4250 and i4650 Scanners and the new i4850 Scanner are built on the i4000 platform and are now equipped with features that help scanning professionals process documents more efficiently than ever.
“Kodak Alaris is committed to helping our customers continuously improve their document capture processes – and in turn, achieve better business results. Our new i4000 Series Scanners maintain the strong features that our customers have come to rely on, and add enhanced functionality to help organizations speed up business transactions,” said Tony Barbeau, Products & Services general manager and vice president, Information Management, Kodak Alaris.
Next generation scanners offer more productivity
The new i4000 Series Scanners provide organizations with time-saving features that prevent interruptions and improve productivity. A larger control panel provides a clearer view of scanner status and menu options to empower users to quickly resolve issues. The new control panel enables users to identify problems such as multi-feeds directly on the scanner, eliminating time spent moving from scanner to PC, and improving overall productivity. Other performance enhancements include:
- Advanced barcode reading, which enables the transmission of data directly into business applications
- Increased throughput to power through big jobs at speeds up to 150 pages per minute (PPM) and handle high volumes up to 125,000 pages per day
- Intelligent Document Protection (IDP) with sensors that detect staples, paper clips or other blockages to avoid potential document damage
- Intelligent Imprinting with patch counting that helps organize large multi-batch jobs and eliminate interruptions
- Perfect Page imaging technology, which delivers crisp, clear images regardless of the document’s original condition and makes additional processing functions, such as optical character recognition (OCR), easier and more accurate
- KODAK Capture Pro Software Limited Edition (LE), which makes it easy to edit, enhance and manage a wide variety of documents.
Service and support. Productivity assured.
Thousands of customers worldwide enjoy maximum productivity from Kodak Alaris thanks to the variety of service and support plans that keep their scanner and software systems operating at peak performance. Preventative maintenance, installation, training, priority response, remote support, next day replacements, and software assurance are just a few of the valued offerings that customers trust to the expertise and experience of Kodak Alaris.
A full range of service and support contracts are available for i4000 Series Scanners.
The i4000 Series Scanners are available with a U.S. list price from $9,995 to $19,995. For more information on the i4000 Series Scanners, please visit www.kodakalaris.com/go/i4000news.
About the Information Management Division of Kodak Alaris
Kodak Alaris is a new company driven by the simple belief that “we can always find a better way.” Our Information Management division helps organizations capture content from digital and paper sources, extract insights, and deliver the right information to the right place at the right time for better outcomes. Our portfolio includes award-winning document scanners, a global service and support team, and software and solutions that capture and intelligently manage information. For small offices and large-scale organizations, we provide new ways to automate processes, improve customer interactions and make smarter business decisions.
To learn more, please visit www.kodakalaris.com/go/IMnews. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakdi and twitter.com/KodakDI_EAMER and visit our blogs at infooverdrive.com and informationdynamix.com.